Friday, August 23, 2024

Weekly Progress & Plan (AS)

 This part of my blog will be for my weekly progress & plans

WeekStart DateTaskBlogpost TitleContentDeadline
W1
26 August
Pre Production
Research
1BriefDescription of the brief, embed powerpointW2
2Plan & Weekly ProgressPlan for the whole project, Weekly diaryW2
3ResearchResearch into magazines of the same genreW4
W2
2 September
Plan
4Statement of IntentPlan for the productW4
5Magazine DevelopmentYour ideas, and how they develop
6Location Scout & Risk AssessmentPossible shooting locations, risk assessment tableW5
W3
9 September
7TerminologyA list of the new vocabulary you have learned. And the definition
8All of the new thinigs you have learnedSummaries of learning. Youtube Tutorial videos. Articles etc.
W4
16 September
Production
Produce
8Behind the ScenesImages of the shootW8
9
Magazine Article (Draft + Final)
10Front Cover DevelopmentThe design and layout of these pages.
W5
23 September
11
Contents Development
12
Double Page Spread Development
W6
30 September
Post Production
Edit/Reflection
13Editing ProcessHow did you edit and use software to finish the magazine? Challenges, solutionsW9
14Self ReflectionSelf Reflection PresentationW9
W7
7 October
Edit
W8
14 October
Submission
15FinalFinal doc, social media page, thumbnailW9
W9
21 October
Feedback

Week 1:

I am a new student in this school. I was homeschooled before and never took media studies as a subject. For my final year, I wanted to challenge myself by going to school. Regardless, I've always had an interest in media and plan to major in something media related. Here I felt lucky as I was presented with media studies as a subject option. I've been enjoying it so far, even though it's a LOT of work. So, I've decided to take the AS level exam in the winter series. 

Magazine:

My teacher, Mr. Nick, explained what I need to do. It was a lot and I felt kind of overwhelmed but I'm really grateful he's been pretty helpful. It's a lot but I've done a lot of crazy things academically so I still feel excited :D

After that went to the library to look at some magazines for my research. I'm not sure what sort of magazine to do yet so I'm looking into multiple genres to see which speaks to me most

I did some stuff for my magazine last week but I didn't really know what I was doing yet so I was mostly shooting in the dark

Theory:

By looking through my classmates' previous AS level material, the current 11th grade's materials and additional outside resources I found myself, I've managed to study quite a lot on my own.

I started by learning the key terms then moved on to genre conventions, semiotics and technical terms.

I've familiarized myself with camera, sound, edit and mise-en-scene. I am most confident in sound and least with edit because of all the terms.

Problems: a lot of work, unsure what genre to pick for magazine
Solution: I am someone who enjoys a lot of work so that part will be fine but I will make an effort to find free time for my mental wellbeing. As for magazine genre, I will look into multiple genres to see which one I am most fascinated by
To-do: Magazine research, more theory studying

Week 2: 

Progress: After thinking about what inspires me most creatively, I've decided to do a paranormal (and maybe satirical) magazine. I worked on more research and I've started sketching some ideas for my magazine. I also learned some media theory (reception theory, cultivation theory, representation theory etc.)

Problem: It's been hard balancing time & work for media with other subjects

Solution: When I'm bored/don't have anything to do, I study so I have less to do later on

To-do:

  • More research
  • More magazine development
  • Statement of intent
  • Location scout

Week 3:

Progress: I've started my statement of intent and magazine development. I've done some review for media theory as well

Problem: I have not done a lot this week due to health reasons and I have no knowledge in typography

Solution: Take better care of myself from now on and do more research on typography

To do:

  • More research
  • Finish statement of intent
  • Do some magazine drafts
  • Learn typography
  • Location scout
Week 4:

Progress: I've finished my statement of intent, worked on magazine development and location scout & risk assessment. I also did a post on magazine related terminologies and things summarizing the things I've learned while trying to create a magazine. I also did a lot of work on theories, focusing mostly on convergence and audiences by doing past paper questions

Problem: It was the last week of submission for my documentary project for school so I had a hard time balancing doing both projects

Solution: I did some work during school hours whenever I had free time instead

To-do:
  • More research
  • Finish location scout & risk assessment
  • Start making some magazine drafts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Double Page Spread Research + Development

  This part of my blog will detail my research and development for my double page spread Research Development