Monday, July 29, 2024

Weekly Progress & Plan

 These is for my weekly progress and plan

WeekStart DateTaskBlogpost TitleContentDeadline
W1
22 July
W2
29 July
Pre Production
Research
1BriefDescription of the brief, embed powerpointW2
2Plan & Weekly ProgressPlan for the whole project, Weekly diaryW2
3TeamYour team + Links ot their blogsW2
4ResearchResearch into documentary openings of the same genreW4
W3
5 August
Plan
5Statement of IntentPlan for the productW4
6StoryboardScene by scene storyboardW5
7Location Scout & Risk AssessmentPossible shooting locations, risk assessment tableW5
W4
12 August
W5
19 August
Production
Produce
8Behind the ScenesImages of the shootW8
9Social Media (Research & Development)Research into similar social media pages. Development of own ideas.W9
10Thumbnail (Research & Development)Research into similar thumbnails. Development of own ideas.W9
W6
26 August
W7
2 September
Post Production
Edit/Reflection
10Editing ProcessHow did you edit? Challenges, solutionsW9
11Self ReflectionSelf Reflection EssayW9
W8
9 September
Edit
W9
16 September
Submission
12FinalFinal doc, social media page, thumbnailW9



Week 1:

Project was introduced. We are doing crime documentaries which sounds really interesting. I already have an idea of what I want. I'm interested in doing the tylenol murders case because it's a very influential case that affected how today's medicines are packaged and impacted a lot of people. Our teacher also introduced us to the topics we will be learning in g12 media studies which I'm looking forward to

Week 2: 

We started research into crime documentaries. I feel a bit lost but I'm trying my best to keep up. I've discussed my ideas with my teammates, they seem to like it okay but it may change if we find a better ideas. We also started discussing media regulation. We learned that how media is regulated then vs now has changed a lot

Week 3:

We learned about how TikTok is regulated in China vs internationally and how misinformation spreads. 
We've made some ideas inspired by the tylenol murders case. I've further developed these plots to create a more storyline and I will show these to the team later to see what they think so we can decide on a final idea. I'll be doing the script which I'm very excited about. 

Week 4:

Theory: Learned about power and the media. We analyzed some American and Indonesian presidential campaigns and how they may affect an audience 

Project: We've decided our roles and started working on our script, storyboard and risk & location assessment. I am doing the script alongside Regine while Beatrice works on the storyboard and Sharon on the risk & location assessment. For the script, I've made an outline of how I think it should go which I will discuss and further develop with Regine. I plan to start the actual script after school or on the weekends. Here is what I have so far 


Reflection: I had a lot of fun coming up with ideas and I'm thankful that my teammates seem to appreciate my work

Week 5

Project: This week, we made a filming schedule and started our filming. We also finished finalizing our screenplay and storyboard. We are filming the scenes in the nurse's office with the nurse. I really really enjoyed writing the screenplay but I wish we had done something less serious as I feel like I would've been able to write something like that better. I am unsure if I was able to convey our story plan well and if the screenplay was very good.

Theory: We learned about representation in power & the media. We learned about how different groups are represented in Indonesian media and in western media. We analyzed Netflix's documentary on the Jessica Wongso case, Ice Cold, for how Indonesia is represented in western media and we looked at an Indonesian sitcom featuring different nationalities to understand how foreigners are represented in Indonesia

Week 6

We learned about media regulation through dystopian/utopian societies. Our teacher made us watch an episode of Black Mirror which gave me a lot to think about and we also created our own dystopian/utopian societies with either no regulation or high regulation which was pretty fun. We also got all of recording done this week.

Week 7

This week we mostly worked on our projects. I've started the thumbnail research. We also looked into a case study of the Snow White live action remake for power & the media. We learned how the audience also has gained some amount of power through digital media as they are able to influence media owners to change their content

Week 8

We are closing the deadline for our project so this week was dedicated to finishing it. I focused on the thumbnail, self reflections and furnishing my unfinished blog posts

Week 9

We are finally reaching the deadline. I focused entirely on the thumbnail and my critical self reflection while doing a lot of collaboration with my teammates


Self Reflection:
  • Keeping track of my weekly progress & plans really helped me as I am someone who's disorganized and lose track of my progress easily. This has helped me recognize what I have done and what I need to do next

No comments:

Post a Comment

Double Page Spread Research + Development

  This part of my blog will detail my research and development for my double page spread Research Development